Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Brick by Brick

Brick by brick,
these walls are coming down.
Dust filled air clogs my lungs,
am I breathing?
I cough, sputter, and gag again,
feeling the gritty texture in my mouth.
Each brick is heavier in my hands
as I pull them down, one by one.
My arms start to ache
my throat dries, cracking.
Goddess, is it worth this?
My head spins,
my vision swirling in front of me,
blinding me.
My hands become frantic,
reaching for more,
grasping at air.
I blink slowly,
the bright lights burn my eyes.
My fingers are bloodied,
I don't feel them anymore.
A silhouetted figure stands there,
stark black against the rising sun.
I stare at him,
he stares at me,
and I know, this was worth it.
This wall lies before me,
as broken as I once was.
I have broken it down,
don't make me build it again?

No comments: